Breaking News
recent

My First Glass Etch Projects


I have been so intrigued by the glass etch projects made with vinyl and Armour Etch which I have viewed at various blogs that I decided to have a go at etching.  After Christmas I purchased 9 inch tall hand blown candle sticks on close-out sale.  I thought they would be perfect for etching as there is a 1 inch rim at the top edge.  I also thought the close out price was a plus as this was a new craft for me.


I used Design Studio and Storybook to cut a design in scrap cricut vinyl I had in a drawer.  I used the negative part of the cut and applied the vinyl pieces to the glass.  I then filled in the vine-flower design with Armour Etch. 


I did not realize that the Armour Etch cream would drip, but it did.  Right down onto the bulb area in the center of the candle stick.  I tried a couple of fixes but found all attempts to deal with the drips lacking.  So finally I realized that I could etch the whole bulb area.  I am actually quite pleased with this effect.


I purchased candles at Hobby Lobby and now I am all set with cute Valentine gifts for my daughter and my son's girlfriend.
emplek

emplek

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015