Breaking News
recent

Cut-out cookies WITHOUT a cutter. . . .Works For Me Wednesday

Don't get me wrong...I love a good cookie cutter. In fact, I have a terribly hard time resisting a cute cutter. Anybody care to take a guess at how many I own? {I counted just for you.}

Sometimes, though....
  • ...the perfect shape is nowhere to be found,
  • ...you waited too long to order,
  • ...or, $12.95 plus $8.00 shipping just isn't in the budget.

Here's where a template comes in handy.




Making one is simple. Sketch the design you want, trace the shape on a manila folder and cut.

Now, just place it on your dough and trace cut around it with a paring knife. (I always roll my dough on wax paper...a little extra protection for the counter tops if you're using this method.)


Templates are best for simpler cookies. I strongly advise against using a template to make a snowflake or the skyline of Dallas.

Yes, it does take a lot longer to cut out a batch of cookies with a template. I'm guessing about 4 times as long or more. Instead of "boop, boop, boop" with the cutter (yes, my cutters make that sound), you'll be tracing around the shape with a paring knife.

The edges of the cookies will be rougher than if a cookie cutter had been used (see above). You can always gently press the rough parts in, but be careful not to ruin the shape. I tend not to worry about it much.

Custom cookie templates work for me. Head on over to Kristen's to see all the other Works For Me Wednesday ideas!

I want to know....how many cookie cutters do you own? And, any guesses as to how many I have?

Bake at 350's Works for Me Wednesday archives are here.
emplek

emplek

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015